At the direction of the Chief Health Officer Victoria campsites, caravan parks and camping grounds will now be closed to visitors. This closure includes the Tolmie Recreation Reserve (and surrounding areas).
This is effective from 11.59pm (local time) 25 March 2020.
The only people permitted to remain will be those specified in section 10, part 3 of the Non-Essential Activity Directions given on 25 March 2020.
- a person whose place of residence is the accommodation facility;
- a person who is ordinarily a resident of Victoria but has no permanent place of residence in Victoria; or
- a person who has a permanent place of residence in Victoria, but that place is temporarily unavailable; or
- a person, on a temporary basis, who has travelled to Victoria for work purposes; or
- a person who was a temporary guest of the accommodation facility on the date that these direction were given; or
- a person who requires emergency accommodation, including in relation to family violence and other vulnerable groups.
These actions follow further restrictions on domestic and international travel, with all non-essential travel banned. Compliance with this directive is enforceable under section 203 of the Public Health and Wellbing Act 2008 and penalities apply.
It is important to reduce the risk of infection and slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the Victorian community.